The CTI’s flagship program is the Market Incubator Program (MIP), a marketing and packaging forum for long-running series projects that offers selected Caribbean and Diaspora producers an opportunity to hone their creative and business skills in the context of an international marketplace environment.
The MIP includes six to eight (6-8) weeks of online training, and one (1) week of intensive workshops in Toronto. It culminates in the ‘Big Pitch’ that takes place at the TIFF Bell Lightbox during the Toronto International Film Festival, bringing together international industry delegates to vote on the best projects.
Winners of the Big Pitch graduate to the 9-month CTI Production Support Program (PSP) that takes projects from pitch to production.
The program includes specialized sessions led by international film professionals and consultants, and provides the following opportunities:
- 6-8 weeks of intensive online market preparation
- 1 week of workshops in Toronto
- Networking opportunities and guided integration during the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)
- The Exclusive CTI: The Big Pitch! A pitching session with industry professionals participating TIFF
- Pitch winners will have their projects supported through the CTI Production Support Program (PSP)
- Selected PSP projects will be chosen to participate in FLOW’s Pilot Production Program (PPP) to receive funding towards their pilot.
It was a life-changing experience for me. I think differently, I understand the industry and I am not lost anymore. I feel like the hero with a thousand faces of the Joseph Campbell’s Monomyth. Through the CaribbeanTales Incubator, I descended into Hell and I am now a reborn creator with a clear vision and the right tools for success.
The CTi Market Incubator Program was a great step for me in developing my skills as a producer. The intensity of going through all the steps of development that are easy to bypass to get to the creative elements of production was time well spent. The in-person mentorship we received was simply invaluable.
I can say that the CaribbeanTales Incubator program has elevated my status in the Dominican film community. The things I learned in the program, like preparing for a professional pitch, definitely aided in securing the funds for my first feature film, which I’ll be producing next month.