The CTI’s flagship program is the Market Incubator Program (MIP), a marketing and packaging forum for long-running series projects that offers selected Caribbean and Diaspora producers an opportunity to hone their creative and business skills in the context of an international marketplace environment.
The MIP includes six to eight (6-8) weeks of online training, and one (1) week of intensive workshops in Toronto. It culminates in the ‘Big Pitch’ that takes place at the TIFF Bell Lightbox during the Toronto International Film Festival, bringing together international industry delegates to vote on the best projects.
Winners of the Big Pitch graduate to the 9-month CTI Production Support Program (PSP) that takes projects from pitch to production.
The program includes specialized sessions led by international film professionals and consultants, and provides the following opportunities:
- 6-8 weeks of intensive online market preparation
- 1 week of workshops in Toronto
- Networking opportunities and guided integration during the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)
- The Exclusive CTI: The Big Pitch! A pitching session with industry professionals participating TIFF
- Pitch winners will have their projects supported through the CTI Production Support Program (PSP)
- Selected PSP projects will be chosen to participate in FLOW’s Pilot Production Program (PPP) to receive funding towards their pilot.
The Incubator programme took me out of my comfort zone to face the challenge of self and then to embrace the journey with other talented individuals. In addition the Mentors gave their time and wisdom to challenge and enhance us all which combined to make this an unforgettable moment in time.
Regardless of your level of expertise, the workshops are an excellent venue to hone your craft. The mentors really push you to go further so to get those pitches as concise and catchy as possible. It helps to get ideas and comments from other people which serve as a springboard to actual pitches.
I can say that the CaribbeanTales Incubator program has elevated my status in the Dominican film community. The things I learned in the program, like preparing for a professional pitch, definitely aided in securing the funds for my first feature film, which I’ll be producing next month.